Kettering Buccleuch Academy is committed to providing students with the knowledge, experience and guidance necessary in building aspirations for future careers and studies.
This is achieved through a structured and progressive careers plan from EYFS through the year 13, which provides students with the individualised, focussed support needed to aid their decisions and future progressions, with the ultimate aim of supporting students to make the right decisions for the their futures.
The Careers Lead at Kettering Buccleuch Academy is our Assistant Principal, Stephen Fraher (email@example.com).
- NCOP (National Collaborative Outreach Programme) NCOP
- A representative of NCOP is based within the academy once a week and provides us with the opportunity to access careers activities that are funded to allow increased engagement of less privileged students with further education.
- SEMLEP (South East Midlands Local Enterprise Partnership) SEMLEP
- Our involvement with SEMLEP allows us to share good practice with other education facilities within the local area and provides us with access to a wide variety of careers opportunities.
- NITAL Training and Development NITAL
- As part of our partnership with NITAL, monthly drop-in services are provided for students to allow them to meet directly with NITAL to discuss potential involvement with their training programmes.
- Unifrog Unifrog
- Unifrog is a very new initiative within the academy. The platform is used by all students from years 7-13 and provides them with a one-stop shop to access everything careers related, focussing on increasing awareness, developing understanding of the needs of different careers route, and allowing them to complete a progressive plan of their future steps.
- University of Northampton UoN
- We work closely with the University of Northampton to provide students with the opportunity to experience all that university entails.
- View Privacy Notice
- Knights of Old Knights of Old Group
- Our working partnership with the Knights of Old Group has enabled several students to complete working placements with them, as well as engaging our younger students with the logistics of the company.
- Prospects Prospects
- We have funded a programme that allows all students in year 11 to receive a 1-2-1 careers interview with a careers professional. Students in other year groups also have the opportunity to access this support upon request.
Kettering Buccleuch Academy is committed to providing students with challenges beyond the classroom that require them to use and develop skills that will be useful to them within the workplace and during their post-16/18 studies.
- Future Factor- in conjunction with Surbiton High (Years 7-13)
- Scholars Club- UoN (Years 7-11)
- Youth Employment UK
Accessing Careers Information
From careers advice through to interview tips, the National Careers Service provides a comprehensive career guide. Access at the website below:
Take the buzz test to find out what kind of person you are and the careers that might suit you:
Parents’ Pack Apprenticeship Information
Secondary/Sixth Form Careers Provision
The table below details the common Learning Objectives that run across all phases each term. Phase appropriate activities are delivered through pastoral lesson and careers sessions to achieve the learning objective.
Key aspects of the programme include:
- The use of the Unifrog platform to provide student with access to pathways, further education opportunities, recording their achievements, tracking their intentions and drafting application materials
- A thorough careers enrichment timetable that provides students with the opportunity to liaise with careers professional
- 1-2-1 careers interviews for all students in year 11 and access if requested for other year groups
- Higher ability PP programme
- University visits at various points throughout their time at the academy
- 1-2-1 UCAS support for 6th form students
- Opportunities to engage directly with employers and professionals through our Careers Seminars
- Aspiration visits to Cambridge University for the highest performing students in years 9-12.
The Gatsby Benchmarks are a framework of 8 guidelines that define the best careers provision in schools and colleges. Our careers strategy is built around them, and they make a great place to start for planning or improving your programme.
Employer Engagement – Help us to help you
We know that employers in the UK have concerns about skills gaps and the work-readiness of some young people.
Kettering Buccleuch Academy is a member of the SEMLEP Careers and Enterprise Network, part of the national Careers and Enterprise Company programme.
Our aim is that through employer engagement at all ages, we ensure that young people leave our school with the skills, competencies, knowledge, appropriate qualifications and attitudes needed by employers for both their own career development and economic sustainability and growth.
We need your help
We are looking for passionate employers from businesses and other organisations to help our students and thus shape the future workforce and bring the world of work to life for the next generation.
The following high impact activities are used to work in partnership with businesses to help our students prepare for the world of work:
- Employer Talks
- Business site visits
- Enterprise activities
- Work experience and job shadowing
- Mock interviews and CV preparation
If you can help with an engagement or for further information, contact Mr Fraher at firstname.lastname@example.org