Using our Year 7 literacy and numeracy catch-up funding
£30,000 in funding for this was received by the Academy for the financial period of 2016/17.
We assess the individual needs of each of the pupils who draw the year 7 catch-up premium and decide the best way to use the funding.
We are currently using the funding to pay for:
- individual and small-group Literacy and Numeracy tuition
- SuccessMaker Literacy and Numeracy software to use will targeted groups
- an experienced Literacy Director to coordinate a literacy programme for those students not making age expected progress
- A HLTA to lead CUP sessions (Challenging Under-Performance) to improve Reading, Writing and Spelling
- Impact of the Year 7 catch-up premium funding spend is detailed in the Pupil Premium section of the website.