Using our Year 7 literacy and numeracy catch-up funding
£30,000 in funding for this was received by the academy for the financial period of 2015/16.
We assess the individual needs of each of the pupils who draw the year 7 catch-up premium and decide the best way to use the funding.
We are currently using the funding to pay for:
- individual tuition
- 6-12 week small-group tuition
- Alfie, which is a computer-based learning resource in maths
- an experienced Literacy Director to coordinate a literacy programme for those students not making age expected progress
- summer schools that help students catch up over a short period of time
- Details of exactly how we spend our year 7 catch-up premium funding is listed along with the Pupil premium spend.